The key mission of the World Endometriosis Research Foundation (WERF) is to facilitate and carry out well powered international multi-centre research involving sufficient patient numbers to provide results of statistical significance in order to improve knowledge and treatments.
WERF prioritises studies according to their ability to address:
- unmet clinical needs in the management of endometriosis;
- investigation into disease mechanisms.
Proposed studies will be judged on their scientific excellence and each study’s ability to:
- carry out collaborative research between international centres;
- adhere to strict protocols to ensure research is of high quality;
- share datasets;
- determine whether results can be translated into viable treatments;
- provide a foundation for further research.
Any proposals submitted to WERF will be appropriately peer reviewed.