The World Endometriosis Research Foundation (WERF) is the global charity which fosters research into endometriosis to improve knowledge and treatment(s).
WERF achieves this by providing a platform that:
- facilitates and carries out well-powered international multi-centre studies involving sufficient patient numbers to provide results of statistical significance, and
- supports specific research projects investigating disease mechanisms.
This enables global collaboration amongst researchers to ensure that:
- collaborative research is carried out between international centres;
- strict protocols are enforced to ensure research is high quality;
- datasets are shared;
- encouraging results lead to further research;
and enabling results being translated into viable treatments to provide a solution for those affected by endometriosis.
- A day where no woman is crippled by endometriosis or unable to have children due to the disease.
- A day where endometriosis can be prevented.
This is what the World Endometriosis Research Foundation is about.
WERF is working towards a future where millions of women are not going to have their lives compromised by endometriosis.